Hi everyone!! Happy Monday and Happy Memorial Day! I’m so excited because today I’m talking all about Athleisure with Athleta! I’m hosting an event at the Greenwich, CT Athleta on Saturday, June 3 from 12-2. If you’re in the area you should definitely come and say hi!! I’d love to meet all of you and show you all of the amazing pieces Athleta has right now!
I went to the store last week and got to try on some of their clothes and I fell in love with all of it! Honestly, I had NO idea that Athleta had more than just workout clothes, but they’ve got it all. They have bathing suits, lounge wear, sneakers and sandals, dresses, and so much more!!
I tried on these pants and immediately fell in love with them. The material is super soft and easy to move around in. Perfect for lounging around or for any workout! I know I’ll be wearing them to Barre all the time! I also didn’t know how amazing Athleta’s sports bras are! It was my first time trying one on and like the pants, I had to take it home with me!
I also went home with the comfiest sweater I’ve ever worn! I love this because it has pockets and it has a magnetic closure which I think is so cool! Lastly, I took this tank home with me. I think the color is so fun and vibrant and perfect for summer! I’ll have all the sizing details below!
There’s so many other items that I have my eye on at Athleta right now. I saw this bag in the store and fell in love with it! It’d be perfect for carrying your clothes to and from the gym. Lately I’ve been having to change when I get to the gym and I’ve been looking for a new bag to transport everything in! They also sell S’Well water bottles which I had no idea!! They also have a great selection of shoes to choose from!
Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday! I’ve recently gotten a TON of questions about what mascaras I use sooo I figured it was time to write a whole post on my favorites. I’m a mascara junkie – I loveee it and probably own WAY too many, but I’m OK with it! Today I’ll share what I’ve been using recently that I’ve been loving!
Beauty Talk: Best Mascaras
1. Stila Huge Extreme Lash: This has been my latest obsession and I absolutely love it. It’s great not only for lengthening but for providing volume as well. I also love using black mascara and I feel like this one is super black. It’s a very wet formula so it’s great for someone who loves to add a lot of layers (me!). The only downfall with this mascara is that it’s messy! Whenever I close the tube there’s ALWAYS mascara on the outside and it creates quite the mess.
2. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: I always feel SO funny when people ask me what mascara I’m wearing and I have to tell them it’s called “Better Than Sex.” But seriously, this stuff is GOLD. I love layering this mascara on top of the Stila Huge Extreme Lash. This one is also a pretty wet formula so it’s great for layering. You can let the Stila mascara dry a bit and then go ahead and apply this one on top after. Both mascaras are great on their own but I personally love the combination of the two!
3. Benefit They’re Real Lengthening Mascara: Ok guys this one has been a tried and true favorite for YEARS now. And I’m sure you’ve heard all about it from other people BUT let me tell you how I use this mascara. In my opinion, this one is great for lengthening and getting rid of any clumps that may have formed. I usually apply this one after the Too Faced one (I know, seems so high maintenance and it kind of is! lol). I don’t always apply this one but if I’m feeling fancy, I’ll do the extra step. I’ll also use this one on my bottom lashes. I feel like the previous two mascaras I mentioned are too thickening to use on my bottom lashes so I usually use this one! I love this mascara too because of the applicator. It has a ball on the end of it that helps reach those tiny lashes that you can’t typically reach with a normal applicator.
4. Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer: I feel like lash primers are often overlooked and I wish people realized the beauty of them! I’ll be honest – I rarely use one but when I do, I use the Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer. This is so great for lengthening your lashes BEFORE you even put mascara on. You apply this – it looks funny because it’s white – and then you apply your mascara right on top! It really works wonders and I highly recommend using this for someone who doesn’t have the longest lashes. It makes a world of a difference!
5. Tarte Mandater: Another great name for a mascara if you ask me! This one is another favorite that I’ve been loving recently. First of all, the packaging is SO cute. Also this mascara is another great one for lengthening! I’ll use this one the same way that I use the Benefit one. It’s great on it’s own if all you’re looking for is lengthening and a bit of volume, but I think it works best when layered on top of another mascara!
Alright so there’s a few of my favorite mascaras and the ones that I love to wear together! I’ve recently been trying to share more beauty “tips” on my Instagram stories and sometimes I’ll even do an Instagram live while getting ready! Feel free to reach out with any questions!!
There ya have it! Todays Beauty Talk: best mascaras! I hope you enjoyed this post!
I actually saw this dress in the Free People store that just opened up in town. I immediately knew I had to have it for my upcoming trip to Florida. I’m so glad I made that purchase because it’s quickly become one of my favorite dresses!
Let me tell you why you need this dress. One – it has POCKETS. That’s always a game changer for me. If a dress has pockets I’m 99% more likely to buy it. Two – the color of the embroidery is so fun and bright and perfect for Spring and Summer. Three – it’s SO comfortable and easy to wear. You literally just put it on and that’s that. I feel like it’s perfect to throw on after the beach or if you’re going out at night! Four – Off the shoulder dresses and tops are very trendy right now and I feel like this dress is a great option for that trend!
I paired this dress with my Tory Burch flats to keep it a casual look. We attempted to take pictures at the beach, but none of them came out well at all. It was SO windy!!! I think that this dress would also look great with a pair of wedges too!! As for sizing, I’m wearing a size Small and it fit great! I probably could’ve gotten away with an XS but I’m all about comfort. I would say this dress runs TTS!
I hope you guys can get your hands on this dress before it sells out again!!
There ya have it! A look at my Free People embroidered dress!
Happy Tuesday!! This post is going up later than usual but I’ve had a busy week already (how is it not Friday yet?!) Today I’m sharing another look from Fort Lauderdale. I found this one shoulder gingham dress and I fell in love! I’ll be honest – my friends saw this dress on the hanger and didn’t love it at first. However, once I put it on, they changed their minds! This is one of those dresses that will look SO much better on than it does on the hanger.
Anyways, I love this dress because it’s different than any other gingham item of clothing that I’ve seen. I love how it’s peplum at the bottom AND one shoulder. It’s unique and I love that about it. It’s also fairly reasonably priced – under $80 – which I think is a good price for a great quality dress. I’m wearing mine in a size Small and it fit comfortably! I would say this dress is TTS and a little bit on the shorter size! It was SUPER windy in Fort Lauderdale so keeping these dresses down was a bit tricky, but I don’t think I flashed too many people (lol!).
If you haven’t seen my review of where we stayed in Fort Lauderdale, be sure to check it out here!
There ya have it! A look at this gingham one shoulder dress! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Hi everyone!! Happy Friday! So happy that the weekend is finally here! I am so bummed I couldn’t make it to the Reward Style conference this year but I’m excited to be living vicariously through those bloggers that are going to be there!
Anyways, for today’s post I’m sharing my recap and review of the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale hotel that I recently stayed at with my friends! It’s gonna be a long post so you may want to grab a snack (or maybe even a drink ;-)) I’ll also share some pictures from our trip with outfit details included at the bottom!
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Review
Day One: So we flew down to Fort Lauderdale early (I mean 6 AM early) on Tuesday morning and we landed in Florida at about 9am. This was perfect for us because we got pretty much the whole day in Florida! We got to the hotel and we were not able to check in yet so we decided to walk (we thought it was going to be a short walk…) to the Westin Hotel down the road to grab Starbucks. It ended up being like a mile long walk so needless to say we decided to take an Uber back to our hotel. Once we got back our room was ready for us to check into. We were so excited about the amazing view that the room had! Our room had two full beds, a big closet, a good bathroom, a chair, and 4 drawers to put our clothes in.
Once we put our stuff away in our room, we went down to the beach. Our hotel is right across from the beach. We did have to cross a very busy road each day to get to the beach but it wasn’t an issue once we had the walk signal. With our room, we were provided 2 chairs and we had to pay $12 for the third chair since there was three of us. We also wanted to get an umbrella one day but it was $20 so we decided not to.
Night One: For our first night in Fort Lauderdale we actually decided to take a trip down to Miami. It was about 40 min away and the Uber cost us about $40. We went to a restaurant called Dolce and then we went to the Clevelander bar afterwards. We headed back to the hotel around 1:30 am and there was no issue getting an Uber back. PS – I slept in the bed with my friend and fit both of us comfortably!!
Day Two: On our second day we decided to take an Uber from our hotel to a local Starbucks and to the Publix to buy some snacks and sunscreen. This was the easier option for us (did we really need Starbucks every morning? Yes.) Once we got back to the hotel we’d go back upstairs and change into our bathing suits and head down to the beach. We’d grab towels from the pool area – they didn’t keep track of who took how many towels so we each usually took two. Wednesday wasn’t our best day on the beach – it was super cloudy and rained a few times! We expected this from the weather forecast. We tried to stick it out through the rain but we ended grabbing drinks and lunch at the hotel bar by the pool. Each day I got a strawberry daiquiri and it was delish every time. We got crispy chicken tenders and fries for lunch on this day. After lunch we called it a day in the sun and decided to go up and watch 13 Reasons Why in our hotel room (guilty pleasure!).
Night Two: Wednesday night we went down to Las Olas Boulevard. This is where a TON of restaurants and bars are! We ate at American Social. The food was average but the atmosphere was super cute. The whole area down there was great! It was also ladies night when we went so our drinks were half off which was an added bonus! We weren’t quite ready to call it a night after dinner so we went to McSorley’s which was literally right next to our hotel. This bar was so cute – we loved that there was a jukebox so we could pick what music played! The bartender was so nice, too! If you’re looking for a laid back, casual bar – McSorley’s is it!
Me, myself, and I!
My two friends that I went with, Jackie & Matia! Shoutout to them for taking all my blog pics from the trip!!!
Day Three: Thursday morning started off with a photo shoot for my blog – you’ll be seeing all of those pictures and outfits very soon! We decided to take pictures right in front of our hotel because that was easiest. It was SO windy and that made taking these pictures pretty challenging – but we made it work! We tried to get a few on the beach, but that didn’t go over so well (can’t win ‘em all!). After we finished taking pictures we went to Starbucks (yes, we actually went everyday) and then went to the beach for the day. As I mentioned before, we got rained on quite a bit on Wednesday and didn’t end up using the 3rd chair that we paid for. When we go to the beach on Thursday, the guy working told us we didn’t have to pay for a chair since we had to leave the beach early on Wednesday. We thought this was such a nice gesture from him! Thursday’s weather was beautiful and we spent the whole day on the beach.
After leaving the beach we decided to get a quick bite to eat at the hotel pool bar again. This time we got chips and guacamole (one of my many weaknesses) and some truffle fries (not a fan of those!) and we got our usual drinks. I’d have to say that the food they served at the pool bar was great! Both of the bartenders we had were very nice.
Night Three: Thursday night we went down to Las Olas Boulevard again. This was our last night so we wanted to do something fun! We ate dinner at Luigi’s Tuscan Grill. It was SO good and such a cute little spot – we highly recommend this place!
Day Four: Our last day was a great one! We woke up early to pack and get our stuff ready to leave. We got out to the beach by like 10 AM and stayed out there till the last possible moment. We changed in the hotel bathroom – we kind of took over the place, whoops! We grabbed an Uber from the hotel to the airport. The price to the airport was like $15 and we split it 3 ways – SO reasonable.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale. Here are a few cons that we did find with the hotel, though:
• We weren’t fans of the shower because it only had half of a glass door so every time we got in the shower we ended up cold because of the air from the bathroom!
• The hotel itself was a bit outdated – the headboard was a little bit worn and so were a few other things. We felt as if the hotel could use some updating.
• When we checked in, they overcharged our credit card (charged $300 instead of $150) for the incidentals. We talked to the front desk about it and they said they fixed it (we shall see).
• We were looking to watch Bravo (my friends LOVE the Housewives lol) but the hotel didn’t have that channel!