5 Books You Must Read
Hi everyone! Happy Thursday. Sorry I haven’t had a new blog post up since Monday but I’ve had a super busy week! Today I’m bringing you a different kind of post than I’ve ever done before – my first book review! I am SO excited about this because I LOVE reading and I’ve always loved reading since I was younger. It’s one of my favorite things to do when I’m stressed or having a bad day – I love “getting lost” in a book!
I love anything from Mysteries/Thrillers, Drama, Fiction, Biographies, Autobiographies and more! I do have to say that my favorite kind of book is definitely Mystery or Thriller. The majority of the books on my list today are a Mystery or Thriller. So if you’re into those kinds of books – you’ll definitely want to check this post out!
5 Books You Must Read
1. The Woman in Cabin 10 by, Ruth Ware: Now I’m sure you’ve already heard quite a bit about this book. I’m here to tell you, YES, it is as good as everyone says. It’s so different than any other type of book I’ve read. It has so many twists and turns and you’re going to want to keep reading FOR SURE. This is a relatively quick read.
2. In a Dark, Dark Wood by, Ruth Ware: This book is written by the same author as The Woman in Cabin 10. I loved The Woman in Cabin 10 so much that I wanted to read another book by Ruth Ware. And let me tell ya, In a Dark, Dark Wood is definitely twisted. As you’re reading you’re going to think you know what’s going on but when you get to the end you’re going to be SHOCKED at what really happened. I honestly felt bad for some of the characters in this story, and you’ll see why. This is another great book!
3. The Kept Woman by, Karin Slaughter: Ok this one is definitely not as quick of a read as the previous 2, but it is SO good. Like the other two, there are twists and turns throughout the book. You fall in love with some of the characters, HATE some of the characters, and feel bad for some of the characters. When I feel like I can relate to the characters in a story, or see where they’re coming from, I’m automatically hooked on the story. This one is FOR SURE twisted in many, many ways – but it’s a great read. Give it a try!
4. The Obsession by, Nora Roberts: I love, love, loveee Nora Roberts. She has SO many amazing books and it’s so hard to pick a favorite. The Obsession is my most recent read by her (my mom recommended it) and it was SOO good. At first I wasn’t sure how it was a mystery or thriller, but man was I wrong. If you’re a fan of Nora Roberts, you’ll love this book (or even if you’ve never read her before, you’ll still love it!).
5. The Couple Next Door by, Shari Lapena: This book is another one I’m sure you’ve already heard about. This one was such a quick read for me. I just HAD to know what was going to happen next. I couldn’t put this one down. Again, it’s one of those books where you’ll love some characters and hate some at some points, too. I literally said out loud during this book “WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!” to one of the characters. You know its a good book when you find yourself talking to the characters….(or maybe I’m crazy, lol). But really, if you haven’t read this book yet, you have to!
Reading Listening: Behind Closed Doors by, B.A. Paris: SOOO good you guys. I don’t know about you but I like to listen to my books sometimes. I am a HUGE fan of Audible. I love to listen to books while I’m driving (great for road trips!) and I’m currently listening to Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. I’m shocked at what goes on in this book, but I HAVE to keep listening because I need to know what happens. Let me know if you’ve read this or if you’re going to read this. You’ll totally fall in love with Millie (she’s my favorite!).
Next on my list: The Guest Room by, Chris Bohjalian: I just saw that this book was recommended by Jodi Picoult (love her!) and I am dying to read it now! This is definitely next on my list. Has anyone read this?? Let me know if you have & what you thought about it!
What books are on YOUR list? I’d love any suggestions!!
There ya have it! A list of the top 5 books you must read! I hope you enjoyed!
Thanks for reading!