July Book Review
Hi friends! I’m back with yet another book review and let me tell ya, I’ve got some good ones for you!! Let’s go ahead and get right into it!
1. Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman: Omg you guys, this book was amazing and I literally could NOT put it down. This book is about a couple, Erin and Mark, who get married and decides to spend their honeymoon in Bora Bora and they find something in the water. My initial thought was “oh boring, they obviously find a body” but nopeeee. It’s so much more than that. Erin is a filmmaker and we also get to see bits and pieces of that side of her life. It truly is a thrilling book that will keep you turning the pages and you will not be able to put it down. The ending is quite shocking and definitely not what I expected. I give this book a 5 out of 5!
2. The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy: I listened to this book on Audible and I must say it was a bit slow. This book follows a group of “May Mothers” who are new moms that look to each other for support and meet up regularly. One night, the group decides to go out for a night of drinking and fun. Things suddenly go terribly wrong when one of the babies goes missing. Follow along these mothers as they try and discover the truth behind what happened on that night. Again, the ending of this book is quite shocking and worth the read!
3. The French Girl by Lexie Elliott: I have to say I wasn’t crazy about this book. That doesn’t mean I didn’t like it, it just wasn’t such a page turner for me. This book is about a group of friends who were spending a week together in France. After this week, one of the girls, Severine, goes missing. They all kind of assumed she just left and went her own way because she was seen the next morning at the bus station. But 10 years later, the case was reopened when they found Severine’s body. The group of people who were at that house during that week have come back together and are being questioned about the situation. Their lives are suddenly turned upside down during the investigation. It’s a good read and a good mystery!
4. Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts: I personally love Nora Roberts as an author and I was really excited to read this book! It starts out with a massive shooting at a mall in Portland, Maine. We see the shooting from the perspective of many different people, Simone, Reese, Essie, and more. Throughout the story, we follow their lives as they’ve grown up and experienced life after being apart of such a devastating event. Little do they know that there is someone out there who is not satisfied with how the shooting went. This person wants revenge for all those left who were involved in the shooting. This was a great read!
5. The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand: This book was really great! It was recommended to me by my cousin (hey Nicole!) and I loved every minute of it. It’s definitely a quick read and a page turner. This book takes place in Nantucket as most (or all?) of Elin Hilderbrand’s books do! This is about a couple that fell in love and they decided to get married out on Nantucket at the groom’s (Benji) family estate. Everything seems to be going great until the Maid of Honor (Merritt) turns up dead on the beach on the day of the wedding. The bride (Celeste) is the one to find her and goes into shock. While investigating the death of Merritt, many different secrets are uncovered. The ending is a bit surprising but I also sort of guessed it from the beginning! I do highly recommend this book for a quick read!
6. The Best Friend by Shalini Boland: This book is another quick read that was great! This book reminded me of The Last Mrs. Parrish (another great read!!) and if you read that book then you’ll understand why I’m saying that. In this book Louisa, a working mom, started her son at a brand new school. She did not have any friendships with any of the other mother’s at this school until one day, she meets Darcy. Darcy immediately takes Louisa in as her new best friend. They live very different lives and Darcy is hiding a very dark secret that will soon be uncovered. In this book you’ll get frustrated at times but don’t worry, it has a good ending! It is definitely a bit of a surprising ending but once you put the pieces together, it’ll all make sense! I definitely recommend this book!
There ya have it! My July Book Review! I hope you guys enjoy all of these books!
Thanks for reading!
SHOP THE POST