Weekly Recap 2
Hi guys! I’m back with my second weekly recap! I got great feedback from my first one so I’m going to continue to do them for you guys!
Monday: Monday was a normal day at work BUT after work I forced my self to go workout. I hadn’t worked out in 2 weeks because I had been away and I gave myself the week of after I got back. My current favorite workout is Pure Barre. It’s an addiction honestly, but not a bad thing to be addicted to, right? So you can imagine how tough the class was for me after not going for two weeks – I struggggleedddd. But I felt 1000x better afterwards so I’m glad I went!
So I posted this outfit that I wore to work on Monday even though the shirt I was wearing is sold out. I told a lot of you that some of the outfits that I wear to work aren’t very current and the items may not be available. You guys said you’d still like to see them anyway! So what I’m going to do is still share those outfits and try and provide similar options for you! Also can we talk about how fun these earrings are?? I love the color and they’re not heavy on your ears!
Another fun top that would be a great option to wear to work! Also so great for transitioning to Spring! It comes in a navy color too if you’re not a fan of pink! !
Tuesday: Tuesday was a busy day at work! We had heard that there was a big storm coming on Wednesday so we had to kinda prepare for that! I honestly didn’t even post anything on Instagram Tuesday. Sometimes you just need a break and I do feel a lot of pressure at times to post at the exact right time that my followers are going to be most engaged and most likely to see the picture I post. It really is a lot of work and a lot to think about! So hopefully you guys understand if there’s a day or two on Instagram where I don’t end up posting anything.
Wednesday: They actually cancelled school for us on Wednesday on Tuesday night. So I knew that I’d be able to sleep in on Wednesday which was nice! A little extra sleep during the week is always a good thing! Wednesday I spent the day working on blog posts. If you missed it – I shared my FIRST WORKWEAR WEDNESDAY post! It’s a new series I’m starting on the blog (like this one) in which I plan on sharing outfits that I’ll wear to work or outfits that I have worn to work! So keep your eyes on the lookout for those posts every Wednesday! I’m going to try to be as consistent as possible with them!
This was the outfit that I featured in my first Workwear Wednesday post! You can check it out to see all the details on everything I’m wearing!
As it was snowing I was reminiscing on this wonderful vacation in the Bahamas from a few years ago! This coverup is THE BOMBBBB and you all need it in your life!!!
Here’s an #ootd from work this past week!
This top is another one of my favorites that I picked up from Loft recently!! I love how its a T-Shirt but a little bit fancier because of the sleeves!
Thursday we had NO power STILL! We lost it at about 7:30 on Wednesday night. We stuck it out at home for most of the day but then it started to get SUPER cold because obviously the heat wasn’t working. We ended up packing our bags and went to stay at my Aunt’s house until our power came back. We had a delicious dinner at Cafe Silvium on Thursday night. If you’ve never been there, you NEED to give it a try! It’s SO good. I think I also got my nails done on Thursday. For those of you who don’t know, I typically get gel manicures! I try and remember the names of the color I get each time but sometimes I forget lol. This time I just went with white!! I’m clearly hoping for Spring!
Pictures I Posted on Instagram Thursday:
Friday I went home in the morning to feed our cats and to check if our power came back (it didn’t). We ended up staying in on Friday night and cooking dinner at home. Well my mom and Aunt cooked and I ordered Pizza lol. I got pizza from Riko’s because it’s actually really similar to Colony (my favorite pizza!) and they deliver. I could’ve been less lazy and ordered from Colony and went and picked it up if I wanted but nahhh.
Pictures I Posted on Instagram Friday:
Products I Purchased (Or Repurchased!) This Week:
1. Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser: This stuff is amaaaaazing. My favorite face wash that I have ever used! This is a repurchase for me! I’ve been using it for a few months now and it’s worked WONDERS for my skin!
2. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil: I also had to repurchase this night oil because I’ve been using it every night since I’ve purchased it. I’ve talked really highly of Sunday Riley skincare products and this one does not disappoint! I have a whole skincare post here if you want to see how I use all of these products! It’s expensive but I believe in investing in skincare products especially if they work!
3. Tacos Are Always a Good Idea Tee: Ummm this shirt is seriously the cutest! I’m looooving graphic tees lately and I love this one especially because of the colors an the saying! I LOVE tacos! Also Show Me Your Mumu makes the COMFIEST tees!
4. Madewell Shirt: I ordered this shirt because I’ve been seeing it on so many people lately and I LOVE the way it looks! I think it’s also perfect for transitioning into Spring! I love the colors and I think it would look so cute with white jeans!
5. Double V Swing Tank: I ordered this tank because I loved the color of it. I’m waiting to get it in the mail to see if I’m going to order it in another color. Again this is a shirt that I think would look great with white jeans! It would actually look great with any color jeans!
Ok so I told you guys I was going to Sephora this past weekend to pick up a few things. I had mentioned that I wanted to try some Drunk Elephant products and you guys gave me some great suggestions! I also picked up some dry shampoo and hairspray! Here are the products I purchased from Sephora.
1. Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Facial Oil – I have heard so many great things about this oil! I haven’t used it much yet since I just bought it but I will definitely keep you guys updated. I’m hoping I love it since it is more affordable than the Sunday Riley one!
2. Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream – A BUNCH of you guys told me to try this product! I just love their packaging so much! You guys will get what I mean if you purchase this or already have a Drunk Elephant moisturizer.
3. Drunk Elephant Night Bright Duo – if you’re not sure about what Drunk Elephant products you want to try, this would be a good option for you! They have these mini sets by the checkout area at Sephora. I purchased this one even though I bought the full size of the oil.
4. Dry Bar Money Maker Hair Spray– a bunch of you guys recommended this hair spray to me as well! I really haven’t tried Dry Bar products so I’m really excited for this one. It’s a “light hold” formula which I love! I hate when my hair feels all sticky!
5. Bumble and Bumble Dry Shampoo – I repurchased this dry shampoo because it smells SO good and it really gets the job done! It says “invisible” and it pretty much is!
There ya have it! My second weekly recap! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Thanks for reading!