Weekly Recap 3
Hey guys! Happy Sunday! I’m back with another Weekly Recap! These posts are so fun for me to write because it’s honestly a great way for me to look back on the week and take some time to reflect on it. Personally, I don’t think I do that enough. Do you ever sit down on a Sunday and think about each day in the past week and really go over each day’s events? I feel like I spend so much time on my phone (it comes with being a blogger, of course) and that sometimes I forget to really stop and take things in. Well that’s my little ramble for now lol.
Monday: It was tough going back to work after having so many days off and a 3 hour delay on Friday. But honestly it was kind of good to get back into a routine. The only thing that I haven’t gotten back into my routine yet since coming back from Colorado is working out (yikes!!!!). We actually had ANOTHER storm coming on Tuesday sooo we were kind of expecting another day off on Tuesday.
So this shirt is almost all sold out – I think it’s left in a few sizes. I found one that is SUPER similar and the same exact style! The colors and the stripes are just a bit different. I think it runs a bit big but I’m still wearing mine in a size Small for a more oversized fit! Also these booties are so cute but not nearly as comfortable as the ones you usually see me wearing!
You guys have seen this sweater on me quite a few times now! It’s SO soft and I am OBSESSED with this color!! I do have it in 2 other colors LOL. I got this T-Shirt because I am a big fan of plain white tees and this one does not disappoint. I got it in a size Medium for a more oversized fit. It’s under $20 and comes in a ton of colors!
Tuesday: Soooo we ended up not having school on Tuesday because of the storm we got. I was honestly kind of surprised that school was canceled because the roads were fine and all that but it is what it is. It stopped snowing by like 1:00. Of course I was still out and about this day. I tried to going to Loft because I had a ton of Loft Cash to use BUT both nearby Lofts were closed because of the storm. I was also surprised by this! Overall, it was a pretty productive day for me and I was able to catch up on some sleep which was nice! I was able to have my mom take a few pictures for me for my Workwear Wednesday post. It was SO windy out so we honestly didn’t get too many great shots. That’s why some of the pictures are inside in the post! Lol.
Pictures I Posted on Instagram Tuesday:
I wrote a whole blog post on this outfit for my last Workwear Wednesday post! Be sure to check it out! PS – this top is on sale!
I loved this top so much when I saw it online! It comes in a few colors but I though the gray was really cute. I have it in a size small and I wish I got a medium for a longer fit! But I still love it!
Wednesday: Wednesday was another crazy day at work – coming back after yet ANOTHER snow day was an adjustment but it was necessary. After work I came home and hung out and probably watched the Food Network or something lol. Then I ended up going to dinner with my mom and her friend. We went to Tarantinos which is in Westport. It’s a great Italian restaurant! Fun Fact: this is where Nick and I had our first “real” date :-).
Pictures I Posted on Instagram Wednesday:
Same Workwear Wednesday outfit that you can get all the details for here! PS – photobombed in this pic by the cutest dog stuffed animal!!!
I wore this outfit to work on Wednesday! As you guys probably already know, I’m a big fan of black on black! This sweater is old but I found a similar one that is on sale and looks just as cute! And these earrings are so fun and add to any outfit! Also did you guys catch my mom’s friend photobombing in the background?? Too funny!!
Thursday: Another busy day at work but I’m grateful for those days because it keeps my mind off of missing Nick! During lunch we quickly made our March Madness brackets. I was so clueless I had no idea what teams to pick or anything! I made so many random picks but I’m surprisingly doing well (knock on wood!). My mom made pork chops and rice for dinner and it was delicious! I must admit that pork chops aren’t my favorite, but I will eat them! For those of you who don’t know, I’m a pretty picky eater!
Pictures I Posted on Instagram Thursday:
To be honest I don’t shop at Anthropologie that often! I honestly don’t know why but I just prefer other stores over it. However, I saw this cute pullover and knew it fit right in with my wardrobe! The best part is that it’s currently 20% off but TODAY (Sunday) is the last day for the sale! Get it while you can!
Friday: Friday was another whirlwind of a day! We actually had a fundraiser event after school so I didn’t get around to posting anything on Instagram. Some days I just can’t get it all together!
Updates: We are STILL waiting on Kelly’s baby. We’re dying to know if it’s a boy or girl! And we’re dying to know what the heck they’re going to name it!!!! Her due date was March 14th and they won’t let her go any longer than 10 days past her due date. So next weekend we will (hopefully) have a little baby in our family!! So excited for this!
OK so I asked on Instagram what you’d like to see in today’s Weekly Recap and you guys liked the idea of me sharing some of my favorite snacks and books! I’m also going to share some shows that I’m loving lately!
- White Cheddar Popcorners – I am addicted to these! Once I start I just can’t stop! They’re SO delicious. If you’re not into white cheddar, they have other flavors!
- Blue Diamond Nut Thins- these things are also addicting and honestly don’t have much flavor! They’re salty though and I think that’s what I like about them! I get them in the light blue box! They also have a few different flavors.
- Skinny Pop- this is always a favorite for me! It’s actually SO delicious and not too bad for you so you don’t feel so bad when eating it!
1. The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen: I have beeb listening to this book on Audible and it can get kind of confusing! It’s definitely one that’s going to keep you reading though. I listen to it every free moment that I get. If I’m watching TV I’ll mute the TV during commercials so I can listen to this book! Lol.
2. Guilty by Laura Elliot- you think you know what’s going to happen in this book but then you really have no idea! I found myself being like “Wow I knew that was going to happen” and then you get thrown for a loop! I haven’t finished this one yet either! It’s said to be a “gripping psychological thriller that will have you hooked.” And it sure does!
3. Sunburn by Laura Lippman– I haven’t even started this book and I’m not even sure what it’s about to be honest but I was told that it was going to be a good read! I’ll keep you guys updated on this one.
What I’ve Been Watching Recently:
- The Murder of Gianni Versace (FX)- Nick recommended this show to me and at first I wasn’t that into it but now I’m totally hooked. I’m on like the 5th episode I think. I had to stop watching it so that I could write this post! Lol
- Guys Grocery Games- I know, I’m so lame. I’ll sit at home and literally BINGE watch Guy’s Grocery Games and other Food Network Shows. I’m just going through a phase where I’m a bit obsessed! Lol.
- Rise (NBC)- this show has been highly recommended. I haven’t started it yet but it’s on my list of shows to watch! I will keep you guys updated on this one!
OK I think that’s enough for now! What are YOUR favorite snacks, books, or tv shows/movies?? I’d love to know! :-).
There ya have it! My third Weekly Recap! I hope you enjoyed!
Thanks for reading!